NADAVARSHA - festival of musical exuberance Sep 28th - Oct 2

Concerts and other events related to CM.
sankruthi

Post by sankruthi »

INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR LAYA AWARENESS
Presents
“NADAVARSHAâ€
Last edited by sankruthi on 05 Sep 2007, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.

braindrain

Post by braindrain »

Dear Sankruthi , where is it happening ? Bangalore / Chennai ? Could you also let us know the venue details..

sankruthi

Post by sankruthi »

THE VENUE IS ASTHIKA SAMAJAM , VENUS COLONY, ALWARPET, CHENNAI 600018.

The latest news is For the Slokha competition for children under 7 years, there is overwhelming response and with more han fifty entires in two different categories the organisers are forced allot The enture morning session of Oct 2nd for Slokha competition alone for Prelliminary and final sessions. Responses to other competitions are also picking up fast in spite of the exam season in schools.. More the number merrier the sessions! please spread the news! CONTACT: 24614539, 9444208033 and 24335699

Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

Sankruthi

Any chance of these concerts being uploaded here? Some very interesting youngsters....I am particularly interested in the grandson of Chowdiah sir and grandson of Raghu sir....the combination for Abhishek is particuarly good....an explosive singer accompanied by "I will give a taste of your own medicine" Sundaresan on violin, " I can take on you any time any place" Bakthvatsalam on mridangam....should be a reverberating concert...

arasi

Post by arasi »

I notice none other than veteran Mannargudi Easwaran plays for Chandan Kumar with Purushottam on the khanjira..
Our rasikAs member vidyaarthi (guru in the guise of student) gives a concert the next day (on the 29th).

Sam Swaminathan

Arasi Madam

In my frequent talks to my anna, Easwaran, he has always praised certain very senior mridangists for their earnest attempts in promoting youngsters, by providing accompaniment to them when ever their otherwise busy schedule permits. He has always told me that this is the way to go for seniors like him, by encouraging the up and coming artists. Playing for the such upcoming artists, gives the youngsters a sense of pride and most of all, a desire to raise their standards to higher levels. My pranams to such stalwarts for their quite but determined efforts in "giving back" to the art generously what they have taken.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Sri. Easwaran and senior vidvAns like him render a generous sevice to the arts and to up coming youngsters this way. It needs a certain large-heartedness and the lack of a sense of self-importance in them to appear on stage with those who are not their equals...
Vellore Ramabhadran accompanied young violinist Aishwarya Venkatraman at the Astika Samajam (see a thread on her in the Reviews Section).
Last edited by arasi on 06 Sep 2007, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Swaminathan

Arasi Madam

I also see Sivaraman sir doing his bit in this area as well as Dorai Sir. May the Lord give them good health to continue doing this yeoman service to the art.

bhaktha

Post by bhaktha »

History repeats itself...If mahavidwans like Chembai, ARI etc had not allowed youngsters then like Shri TVG, Shri VR, Shri UKS etc. to accompany them, then it might not have been possible for them to have become legends, as we know them today. I find Shri UKS and Shri VR playing a big role in promoting today's younsters. My pranams to them for encouraging young talent.
-bhaktha
Last edited by bhaktha on 07 Sep 2007, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.

sankruthi

Post by sankruthi »

We are amazed at the fantastic response to our competitions from children all around chennai.
The slokha competition introduced this year for under 7 was an instant attraction. We had to allot an entire day for this event, to have two different group each with a set of slokhas and yet with great difficulty had to resist further registration. This event is on Oct 2nd holiday on account of Gandhi Jayanthi, and we invite members of Rasikas.org to join the big gathering to enjoy the infants and kids recite the divine slokhas.

For Junior and Senior vocal, instrumental and percussion (there is a special group percussion trophy) competitions we have extended the last date to 17th on account of public request. Members can pass on this message to young music students in your circle for their benefit of participation and an opportunity to win.