GAYATHRI GIRISH IN ARKAY- 26/11/21

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CRama

GAYATHRI GIRISH IN ARKAY- 26/11/21

Post by CRama »

MADHURADHWANI ANNIVERSARY SERIES

Accompanists- V.V.S.Murari- Violin
R.Sankaranarayanan- Mridangam
Trichy Murali- Ghatam
List of songs.
• Varnam-Sudhadhanyasi-HMB (S)
• Karunanidhiye taye- Bhowli-PS
• Bagayanayya-Chandrajothi- (R,S)
• Soundararajam-Brindavanasaranga- (R,S)
• Nambi kettavar evarayya- Hindolam- PS
• Ninne Nammitinayya-Simhendramadhyamam-MV (R,N,S)
• Tani avartanam
• Chandiran oliyil- Chandrakauns- Bharatiyar
• Gana mazhai-Ragamalika- Ambujam Krishna

(R- ragam, N- neraval, S-swaram)

Gayathri Girish always presents a well packaged concert loaded with vidwat, mellifluous voice, dedication, and camaraderie with fellow musicians. I was very much expecting to go to the concert for the live experience which we have been missing for quite some time. But heavy rains spoiled my plans, but the web streaming of Arkay was indeed a blessing. Now season has started, and I will be able to attend her many concerts shortly.

Today’s concert conformed to her usual high standard of planning and execution. The spright Sudhadhanyasi varnam with its kalpana swarams was indicative of the heavy fare that was to follow. Her raga alapanas of Chandrajothi, Brindavanasaranga and Simmendramadhyamam were much detailed with its long and short phrases, slow and medium tempo sancharams not leaving the flashy sangathis. Her voice could traverse the octaves with consummate ease. Being the disciple of TNS, Brindavanasaranga is special to her school and she has impressed us many times. Today also the alapana, kriti, and keezh kala swarams all were well planned and presented. I was hearing her Simmendramadhyamam alapana for the first time and it was top notch. The kriti, neraval and swarams were much enjoyable. But I was expecting a pallavi.

Gayathri Girish is uploading a series of Bharatiyar songs in the face book in the programme “Valam varum Bharati”. Hope to hear some of those songs in the concerts this season.

The accompanists played their role in an admirable manner embellishing the concert. Muraris violin was very sweet and the raga bhavam eloquently presented throughout. R.Sankaranarayananan, with his soft touch did not disturb the sowkhyam atmosphere created by the main singer. His anticipation, sollus, and pauses all gave good pep to the concert. Trichy Murali also joined well in the tani.

Link to the concert
https://youtu.be/EFhuBqZPkmQ

hnbhagavan

Re: GAYATHRI GIRISH IN ARKAY- 26/11/21

Post by hnbhagavan »

i agree. great concert by Vidushi.