Lyrics-Ikanaina Naa Mora Vina Radaa

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
Dilettante

Post by Dilettante »

I was listening to this amazing rendition by MSS - it is yet another example of the intensity in her performances that creates a transifixing impact on even a cm neophyte like me.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/1/s/ragam.211/

Would someone kindly be able to provide the lyrics and meaning? Thanks.

PS - Apologies if this was googlable or has been discussed before.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

I think that music indian online version is the famous U.N.concert. (?). It is a very dynamic and vibrant performance and very much enjoyable everytime I hear that.

Everytime I hear this piece, my hobby is, when MSS hits the high note during the neraval ( ~5:25 ), the audience erupts into an applause, I continue with the thalam and see if she gets back on the 1 1/2 eduppu( Ah, so this song is in desAdi thalam then...). I think she is pretty close if not exact. My thala keeping talent at the right rate in the absence of any music is not good, so I would attribute any deviation to that.

I can only imagine the scene. MSS acknowledges the audience her usual way, with a bow to the audience with her hands together in the 'namaskaram' gesture. But then it is in the middle of the song.. hopefully someone is continuing to keep the thalam... two avarthanams elapse in the applause and she picks it back up with the kalpanaswarams.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

I can only imagine the scene. MSS acknowledges the audience her usual way, with a bow to the audience with her hands together in the 'namaskaram' gesture. But then it is in the middle of the song.. hopefully someone is continuing to keep the thalam... two avarthanams elapse in the applause and she picks it back up with the kalpanaswarams.
VK,
I think so too. Reminds me of the thread on the old sangeetham BB where there was a posting that suggested that her tAlam skills were deficient. But, here I think is a small refutation - if it wasn't she who was keeping time, then someone else was, and she was mindful of it!
Ravi

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

ikanainanA. rAgA: puSpalatikA. Adi tALA. Composer: Tirupati Narayanasvami.

P: ikanainanA moravina rAdA inakula candrA idi samayamurA
A: akaLanka nIvE AdhAruDani Ashrayincu nannAdarinca rAdA
C: parama dayA garuDA ninnu prahlAdAdulu vEDaga
karuNinci nIvu kApATa lEdA tirupatipura varada venkatEsha

suriyan

Post by suriyan »

MSS rendered this song in Carnegie Hall at Newyork.
some corrections in the text of song.

akalanka.. adaramani
paramadhaya karudu

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Thanks for the corrections Suriyan.

kiransurya

Post by kiransurya »

Would someone kindly be able to provide the lyrics and meaning? Thanks.
P: ikanainanA moravina rAdA inakula candrA idi samayamurA

Can you atleast listen to my plea now? Oh Raama! Its about time you come to my rescue
A: akaLanka nIvE AdhAruDani Ashrayincu nannAdarinca rAdA

Oh Impeccable!!! You are the one who can protect me, please dont let me down..

C: parama dayA garuDA ninnu prahlAdAdulu vEDaga
karuNinci nIvu kApATa lEdA tirupatipura varada venkatEsha

You are an epitome of kindness and have been worshipped by Prahalada. You reside in Tirupathi as Lord venkatesa...

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Thanks kiran!