Revati

Rāga related discussions
param

Post by param »

I was looking out for classic pieces in Raag Revati.

I am informed that Dr. BMK has rendered a beautiful RTP in this ragam.

Can our fellow rasikas share their "Revati" collections, please.

Thanx

venkas

Post by venkas »

There is a CD release with name "Revathi" by MLV. I don't have any more information on that. That has a RTP in Revathi.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

The only additional information about that RTP I can give is

IT IS MIND BOGGLING !!

Listen to it Once and it will haunt you like mad for months ...

Unfortunately it cannot come up here..

some small consolation tracks

http://rapidshare.de/files/16052012/04- ... bhoga_.mp3
by TRS
http://rapidshare.de/files/16057595/03-Rtp-Revathi.mp3
by Balmurali

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Param,
Here is DKJ's version of Tanjavoor Sankara Iyer's mahAdEva shiva shamBO:
http://rapidshare.de/files/16060410/09_ ... i.m4a.html

This is a dAsar composition, also in rEvatI (I think):
http://rapidshare.de/files/16062701/04_ ... i.mp3.html
Ravi

pinkchry

Post by pinkchry »

I'd like to request a tillana in Revati that I've heard Santhanam sing.

Thanks

sumram99

Post by sumram99 »

I have heard a tillana composed by Lalgudi and sung by Balaji Shankar. Its beautiful! Its available on the Musicindiaonline site.

meena

Post by meena »

Kji

sree TRS clip- its not an Ugabhoga BUT a shaTpadis of sree kanaka dasa

Sivaraman

Post by Sivaraman »

Here is Dr.K.J.Yesudas singing a melodious Revathi, "Kudajathriyil":

---- FILE LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN (ALL MUSIC IS PRESUMED TO BE COPYRIGHTED UNLESS KNOWN OTHERWISE) ----

Sivaraman

Post by Sivaraman »

And one more Yesudas Revathi, "Vande Mataram":

---- FILE LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN (ALL MUSIC IS PRESUMED TO BE COPYRIGHTED UNLESS KNOWN OTHERWISE) ----

Sivaraman

Post by Sivaraman »

Yesudas, yet again, in another soulful Revathi rendition: "Eyreduthum Paaraadha kaaranam ennavo":

Sivaraman

Post by Sivaraman »

And a scintillating revathi, " Bho Shambo", from Sudha Raghunathan, from Cooltoad.com:

http://as01.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=197843

seldnplan

Post by seldnplan »

seldnplan

Post by seldnplan »

Oh I see that coolkarni has already posted it. Oh well, now you have two copies of the BMK RTP.

knrh05

Post by knrh05 »

Here's an RTP by MLV in Revathi. This track has other pieces from the concert. The RTP is around the 47th minute.

- deleted the MLV RTP track -

venkas

Post by venkas »

knrh05, I guess the MLV RTP is commercially available.

knrh05

Post by knrh05 »

Lalgudi's thillana (sung by Balaji Shankar??)
--deleted link--

Nedunuri singing Nanati baduku
--deleted link--

Voleti singing Aakati velala
--deleted link--

knrh05

Post by knrh05 »

Can someone confirm if the MLV rtp track is the commercially released one? I will remove the link then... This track was posted either here or on sangeetham's forums several months ago...

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

knrh05
one of those cases where it gets commercially released after you acquire it elsewhere.
Yes.It can be deemed to be available commercially now.So go ahead and delete it.
seldnplan
no ,dont bother , I only uploaded one of the four versions with me by BMK.If your track does not have the Mridangam artist playing during the thanam , it is a different one.

new_cmfan

Post by new_cmfan »

knrh05 - can you please send me your email id - cmfan.cmfan@gmail.com

Coolkji - You said "mridangam during tanam". Hmm... Does that call for a separate thread?
Personally i enjoy tanams with mridangam acompanying.

new_cmfan

Post by new_cmfan »

Here's Bho Sambho by Maharajapuram Ramachandran. I am sure someone will have the father's version.

http://rapidshare.de/files/16166168/09_ ... evathi.mp3

Does anyone know who "tuned" this song by Swami Dayananda Saraswati? i thought it was Santhanam - in any case the Maharajapuram clan seems to have the undisputed patent on this number...

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

As an aside, check this website:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=126222
It is the second last song.

The musician, Babu Parameswaran, has used 'bhO shambhO' in rEvatI as the refrain (he evokes the rAg with just those two words) and has intervowen jatI's and the naTEsha kauthuvam to make for very nice listening.
Ravi

Vocalist

Post by Vocalist »

Sivaraman-the Yesudas recordings are available commercially. Please delete them!

param

Post by param »

VOCALIST,

Are you doubly sure that it is the same piece available commercially?

sunayanaa

Post by sunayanaa »

Coolkarniji

with ref to the RTP by MLV in Revathi that you had mentioned as "mind boggling", can you pls confirm whether it is same as what I found at below URL:

http://www.musicalnirvana.com/script/sh ... px?ID=2152

Thanks

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

it is the same one.Go ahead and buy it !!

Vocalist

Post by Vocalist »

Absolutely sure! I have a copy of the tape myself!! Check mio if you don't believe me. Meanwhile-this isn't the first time Sivaraman has uploaded a commercial recording. Perhaps, just as a suggestion, check if it is a commercial recording before uploading

param

Post by param »

Coolji - I cant find any BMK here - its Voleti.

If you have the BMK RTP - I will be most obliged to receive it. Thanks a bill.

Absolutely sure! I have a copy of the tape myself!! Check mio if you don't believe me. Meanwhile-this isn't the first time Sivaraman has uploaded a commercial recording. Perhaps, just as a suggestion, check if it is a commercial recording before uploading
Well, after hearing to your comment, I dont understand why such a hue and cry is being raised about this song - this is a film song. If u r interested I will digitize the tape and upload i. Moreover, there are two versions of it - the other is by Chitra.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Yes cry wolf and we will rush to delete the rapishare links (sometimes we can't). If there is a problem let the establishment alert us rather than Rasikas making a hue and cry! Sivarman has no intentions of crashing the market. And posting something displayed in MIO as a file here is no big crime (so he wants the song here rather than post a link). As coolkarni said once it will be nice to be incarcerated all of us together for these peccadillos ;)

Vocalist

Post by Vocalist »

Well, after hearing to your comment, I dont understand why such a hue and cry is being raised about this song - this is a film song. If u r interested I will digitize the tape and upload i. Moreover, there are two versions of it - the other is by Chitra.
If the version is NOT commercially available, go right ahead.
Yes cry wolf and we will rush to delete the rapishare links (sometimes we can't). If there is a problem let the establishment alert us rather than Rasikas making a hue and cry! Sivarman has no intentions of crashing the market. And posting something displayed in MIO as a file here is no big crime (so he wants the song here rather than post a link).
It's this very wreckless attitude that has led to so much controversy regarding copyright infringement. Have some decency and instead of taking it as a joke, and for once, consider why there is a hue and cry being made about it. Even after my caution, there has been obviously no such effort to delete the file. If someone uploads a file, it is their duty to know how to delete it, in case something like this happens-copyright infringement. I thought you would've been educated enough to realise that this is a serious issue-perhaps it's what we call a quack's education? It's disgraceful to see you say that "sometimes we can't" delete rapidshare links-there is adaquate rapidshare support addresses to contact in case of such incidents-and most websites carry the same support. "posting something displayed in MIO as a file here is no big crime" - you are obviously illiterate on the subject, and quite mistaken.
I have so far kept my silence on this topic, considering the service that is being done for rasikas, whether this is through providing knowledge on CM or providing music resources (audio, lyrics, notation) to rasikas, but I certainliy won't tolerate such constant carelessness which will ultimately lead to a crash in the "market". Even now, I am counting the days before anyone takes the liberty to do something about the issue. I keep an eye out on many music sites to make sure there is little or no possibility of such leaks-but it is a great shame to see blatant carelessness (by you of all people-let alone anyone else guilty) regarding this crime. I would take care in saying "let the establishment alert us rather than Rasikas"....although it's great to see how good the forum is going (and i enjoy reading many of the discussions and checking many of the uploads), but a few more slip-ups, and it would be an even greater shame to see legal action surrounding it -establishments won't alert (as you have been substantially warned enough already), they will swoop straight into the next step. You (& Sivaraman & others) have now been warned. Good luck!

P.S. Sorry if it this is offensive, but it's the harsh reality, and I personally don't want this forum to vanish or have any troubles like certain other forums!!

Vocalist

Post by Vocalist »

P.P.S Apologies once again for the tone of my post as well. Keep it clean and legal in the forums-i hope that point is echoed loud enough in that post. (No carelessness etc.)

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Yes indeed! After a certain 'vocalist' protested JJ sent her goon squad and shut-down a flourishing 'sangeetham site' She was gunning for this one too because of one 'Sivaraman's post' but the election work is keeping her busy. This will be taken up after celebrating the victory at the polls (this issue to be used in propaganda as a promise in addition to the JS issue and pirated vcds). ;) ;)

Joking apart I was told that some of the concerts u/led at sangeetham by raju and others are now being sold commecially at some chennai stores. All the links posted at this site on MDR were recently broadast by a rasikapriya enthusiast. Luckily he was not selling them! These reverse violations (of marketing what is public in the commercial field) should also spark vocalists to pounce on public sites as interfering with commercial interests by keeping their links alive for free downloads. ;)

You can never win if watch-dogs stalk you at every step to tell you you can't be 'good' because it breaks satan's ten commandments. ;)

(Pl note I am not advocating copyright violations! But this blog is written in the throes of my uncontrollable humour vein. My apologies to you Mr Vocalist in advance! Thanks for your well-intentioned warnings!)

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Thanks for your concern. Please keep alerting me about possible copyright violations here. You can contact me at srkris@gmail.com to alert me immediately, since I dont check all threads here everytime.

Thanks,
Admin.

param

Post by param »

If the version is NOT commercially available, go right ahead.
Mr. Vocalist - what are you trying to do - Quite similar to what CML said - raising "wolf" "wolf" for fun

Now say if the version is NOT COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE, go right ahead

Is this some kind of a game - or is it an attempt to stop all the good work that is being done here???

I demand an explanation from you Mr. Vocalist - and if u feel u cannot tender one - let us live in peace. I am not saying - don't enjoy the serene atmosphere - I am only saying, don't disturb the calmness.

Vocalist

Post by Vocalist »

param-please do not fret. My comment was a direct response to the point you raised. You mentioned your confusion as to the 'hue and cry'. You also mentioned you could digitalise a tape you had of Chithra with that piece. My point was simple: if this tape is not commercially available, and you feel rasikas would benefit the upload, by all means, go ahead and upload the piece. If it is commercially available-DON'T!!

Hope it's clear now.

jeevarathna

Post by jeevarathna »

Who is this faceless vocalist trying to call a senior citizen as a recipient of quack's education!

I think in this forum every one takes pleasure in admonishing others on some count or the other! Is it a trait of all vocalists?

if some one tells me that when all kinds of mp3 pirated recordings of even classics are available for as little as Rs.50.00 in all faceless music shops, a mere sharing of music which otherwise we could have shared without any moral or ethical qualms if we were in the same neighborhood would be illegal . I believe this is stretching a thing too far. It is the technology, which is bringing us together despite being scattered all over the world. You faceless vocalist , i will assure you a day may come, when we can dispense with the likes of you and create a vocal music by using the technology and then what will you do? Have some decency, if you know something that we do not know you educate us and before you do that come clean and tell who you are and i will assure you, no one would like to hear your music for the rest of our lives even if you are next avatar of MSS herself.

It reminds me what mahavaidyanata iyer did when asked by his patron to sing a particular keertana ! He stopped singing altogether from that day. You are able to do commercial recordings only because technology enabled you but i am sure mahavaidyanatha iyer would have never done that.

When you vocalist sing do you ever think of the great composers who mad it possible in the first place. Do you give them or their surviving family any royalty?

I am of the firm opinion that most vocalist make commercial recordings to enhance their own repertoire and standing in the musical world and making money is a remote possibility and they should be happy with the work of forum because it is trying to keep the world of CM alive and kicking. I am sure most of the forum members do not mind paying for every d/l if a system can be put in place.

Do not fret vocalist. If you want to comment first tell us who you are and second do not abuse any one.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

----
I think in this forum every one takes pleasure in admonishing others on some count or the other! Is it a trait of all vocalists? ----.
Just curious jeevaratna. Who are you referring to here? And which all vocalists?

jeevarathna

Post by jeevarathna »

If you want to comment first tell us who you are and second do not abuse any one.
Even a court of law does not entertain a petition/PIL from a nincompoop faceless shamelss self-styled preacher. Since you have failed to identify yourself, your petition is dismissed with exemplary costs !

I have no intention to join issues with such an imbecile monster.

your arguments does not cut ice either.

Any way you are free to write anything and i will not waste my time reacting to it anymore.

I believe law is an ass. Otherwise we would not have TADA one day and POTA other day and this office of profit controversy going on which they want to overcome by making a law to protect them. It is like running with the hare and hunting with the hound! We area country of hypocrites who say ?satya meva jayate? and our apex court has ?yatho dharmah thato jayah? on it?s masthead. A decade ago in a particular case, which was on its shelf for 20 years the petitioner, referred to this great national symbols and their lordships (!) said that morality is not the concern of judiciary and it is for the Law makers to worry about (something amounting to this).

Admin: I think you have the right to block this vovalist from logging in and saving us or you can remove me also like Kji and others.

why not have a system, where no one can get access to the postings without logging in and thus making it a private group and only members can see what is u/l . Also make all members reveal their full identity and address, telephone before their memebership is accepated.

jeevarathna

Post by jeevarathna »

Just curious jeevaratna. Who are you referring to here? And which all vocalists?
Ayyo rAma, kumbala kayi kalla andhare hegalu muttu nodida anthare !

See we are all vocalists, see i am vocal about this vocalist.

My only grouse was why no one objected to this unabashed vitriolic outpour against CML when he was so obnoxiously humiliated. All of you whether meenaji, Kji, Lji, karthik etc should have retorted. I have used some harsh words myself only because every one has been silent.

Otherwise let me assure you drshrikaanthji I have immense respect for your erudite contributions in this forum and you are a beacon of light and by a stroke of vocal support your thread seems to be the only one that will survive. Yet I have to say you lose your cool very too often for a shrink. I read your own spat with CML long ago and even your recent remarks about sudarshan's post, which could have been dealt more soberly. But nice to see you are coming out of this phase with every composition of yours being appreciated. Good luck to you.

This is my last post in this forum.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Ayyo rAma, kumbala kayi kalla andhare hegalu muttu nodida anthare !

See we are all vocalists, see i am vocal about this vocalist.
oLLe gAde. Not sure if it was relevant. Even so your original comment remains cryptic and rather baseless.

Otherwise let me assure you drshrikaanthji I have immense respect for your erudite contributions in this forum and you are a beacon of light and by a stroke of vocal support your thread seems to be the only one that will survive.
Thanks but there will not be much joy in being a lonely ship.
Yet I have to say you lose your cool very too often for a shrink. I read your own spat with CML long ago and even your recent remarks about sudarshan's post, which could have been dealt more soberly. But nice to see you are coming out of this phase with every composition of yours being appreciated. Good luck to you.
I will be very patient with you if you are my patient. It hasnt come to that I hope. ;) I cannot see what you are talking about sudarshan`s posts bla-bla-bla. I dont even want to know as there is nothing in what you have written. Just look at your own reply today to see how sober you have been. You do not have to stereotype me and simply assume that all I say is with anger or annoyance.
You simply barged into the forum and made a careless remark about all of our interests etc in the oDeyar thread. I let it be as that would do no good to the thread. The fact is that you simply did not spend enough time browsing and came about with the belief that you are the saviour of the thread. And when your mistake was pointed out to you(By me :( you act innocent. There is no need for you to write in haste and then behave as if you are completely innocent. Try and reword your comments. You wont see the same reactions. And if I was touchy, yes I had good reason. It was I who had been writing passionately about each and every kRti of odeyar. Not you. And several others had contributed equaly enthusiastically. Surely we did not have you goading us on all those days.

And just for your info, dont jump into conclusions again about me writing this in haste or anger. I wan to lay to rest any doubts in your mind. matte "ayyO rAma nanage Enu gottE illa" anno dhOraNeyalli bareyabEDi. And dont worry about any hard feelings. I dont carry any as I have enough other things to worry about. If you still feel "wronged", then good luck. :)

param

Post by param »

Since you have failed to identify yourself, your petition is dismissed with exemplary costs !
Your Lordship,

I would rather appreciate your using the word compensatory for costs instead of only exemplary

Thank you

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Hallo sri Param and other rasikas, My composition in the ragam Revathy is as follows,
"Undan padam Vendinen Muruganey"glorifying lord Muruga.Thi has been popularised by Mrs.Rajee and her illustrious desciple selvi Vilasini
Link http//www.karnatik.com/c3528.shtml
Please view and listen
and post ur remarks.
Ramaraj

shishyapriya

Post by shishyapriya »

Some compostions in Revathi that I am aware of -

Agati Velalu
Naanatu paduku
Bo Shambo
Mahadeva Shiva Shambo
Radhika Tava Virahe

Can anybody add to the list?

shishya

Post by shishya »

DKJ used to sing a soulful mahAdEva Siva Sambho. It is available in a commercial recording.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Here is a more complete list of songs in rEvati:

AcAra vina katarkka duttargal mata pitAvai (tp)-Anga-Arunagirinathar
Adirum kazhal panindun adiyenun abhayam (tp)-Matya-Arunagirinathar
Ah alakalam- -Chitravina N.Ravikiran
Akati velala alapaina velavanu tekuva-Rupaka-Annamacharya
Amba bhavani mata bhavani-Adi-P.Subramania Sarma
Amma azhage (f)- -Ilayaraja
Anadi pujita-S/Chapu-R.K.Suryanarayana
Anbai vendi petrilen ini anbaiyume-T/Eka-Indira Shrinivasan
Aparadhi nanalla aparadhavenagilla kapata nataka-Adi-Purandaradasa
Ariyayan ariyadavar eripuramunadu paga naghaiye (tp)-Adi-Arunagirinathar
Arputame aha anandame undan porpadame potri-Adi-S.Vembu
Aval angu vandu ninradinal nenjil azhiyada-Adi-Kalaikkuttan
Bagilanu teredu seveyanu kodu hariye-Adi-Kanakadasa
Baro krishnayya ninna bhaktara manege-Adi-Kanakadasa
Bhaya nivaranavu shri hariye nama jaya-Adi-Purandaradasa
Bho shambho shiva shambho gangadhara shankara-Adi-Dayananda Sarasvati
Bhudhyakatto-Rupaka-Purandaradasa
Bhumi manavala polivu shuzh vanamala-Adi-Pankajavalli Narayanan
Bhuta bhavya bhavannadude nanu karuninchu- -Sriramachandra Murti Sistla
Chandrashekharam bhajami satatam-Adi-Rajam Sharma
Devaki nandana-Adi-Purandaradasa
Devaki nandana mukunda nigamoddhara-Adi-Purandaradasa
Dhim dhim dhim tananana dhim dhim (t)-Chapu-Lalgudi Jayaraman
Dhim dhim ta dhim dhim ta dhim ta dhirana(t)-Adi-Madurai N.Krishnan
Durge durge jaya jaya durge karunai purivai-Adi-Madurai N.Krishnan
Ena madali-K/Chapu-Purandaradasa
Enu bedali ninna-K/Chapu-Purandaradasa
Enu padalinina-K/Chapu-Purandaradasa
Er eduttum-Adi-Papanasham Shivan
Ereduttum parada karanam ennavo-Adi
Gajanana akhuvahana sujanavana pahi pahi-Adi-Kollegal R.Subramaniam
Hari hara sutanai nan padidavo avan arul tarum-Adi-Sayidasan
Hari narayana hari narayana hari narayana-Adi-Purandaradasa
Harirabhi sarati vahati madhupavane (ap 18) (Madhave)-Adi-Jayadeva
Idadu padam tanai tukki adidum nataraja (p)-T/Matya-Vinai Shesha Iyer
Idu bhagyavidu bhagyavidu bhagyavayya -M/Jhampa-Purandaradasa
Intiki rammani pilachite sukhudu (j)-Adi-Bellary Sheshagiriachar
Jagannatha anatha rakshaka-Adi-B.Subba Rao
Janani janani janani jagakarani-Rupaka-Cuddalore Subramaniam
Jiva jyoti-K/Chapu-Bangalore S.Mukund
Jyoti svarupane- -Balasai
Kadaleni- -Sriramachandra Murti Sistla
Kanakam pozhiyum Adi N.S.Chidambaram
Kandane muruga kandayya-Adi-S.Pashupati
Kandane unai anri tunai undo-Adi-Rajam Sharma
Kannilum mel agha madippen avan kal-Adi-K.S.Krishnamurti
Karpakavalli niye nayakiye-Adi-Kamala Krishnamurti
Karukada ika napai- -Ashwattama
Karunai sheivai kamala ambike varunanai-Adi-Tamizhannaidasan
Kavumayya- -Sriramachandra Murti Sistla
Kayile pulippadenne-Adi-Subramania Bharati
Madhave ma kuru manini manamaye (ap 18) (Harirabhi- -Jayadeva
Mahadeva shiva shambho marakoti sundara-Adi-Tanjavur Shankara Iyer
Mayalo chikkina ni dasudanu nivera sadgativi- -Sriramachandra Murti Sistla
Mohana vamshi vadana madhurima vahinilo-Adi-Balamuralikrishna
Monnu mi sangusaiki mokshiku vatdur gunnun-Adi-Natanagopalanayaki
Moreyittarenu idadiddarenu nere naguta nindiruve-K/Chapu-H.Yoganarasimham
Muppuram eritta paramashivanin pattattu-Adi-N.Savitri
Muruga undan ullam urangada-Adi-Asuridasan
Nanati braduku natakamu kanaka kannadi-Adi-Annamacharya
Nanu brova samayamidera shrihari sarasakaha- -Sriramachandra Murti Sistla
Natha natha ma kalaya (tar)-Rupaka-Narayana Tirtha
Navaratna-Adi-Kollegal R.Subramaniam
Neram agirade-Adi-Bangalore S.Mukund
Ni allal enakku yar tunai kanna nila megha shyamala-T/Adi-D.Pattammal
Nine doddavano-Adi-Purandaradasa
Ninnu anunadi ledu repemo teliyadu- -Sriramachandra Murti Sistla
Nivu chittaginchite- -Sriramachandra Murti Sistla
Padi punal neruppadar bhavanam veli poikkaruppava-Anga-Arunagirinathar
Pere uraiginra piranin-Adi-Nammazhvar
Ponnadi malarinai enni enniye-Adi-Madurai G.S.Mani
Pozhudu mighavachchude-Adi-Ambujam Krishna
Raga anjali-Adi-Madurai R.Muralidharan
Raghavendra daya toro-Adi-Kamaleshavithaladasa
Rama te yamuna pulinavane vijayi (ap 15) (Samudita)-Adi-Jayadeva
Raninchave manasa loniki-Chapu-Annur S.Krishnamurti
Rayarindare guru raghavendrarayya-Rupaka-R.K.Suryanarayana
Revati ramana shri balarama-M/Jhampa-Bangalore S.Mukund
Sadguru charanaravindam smarami-Adi
Salahayya salahayya-K/Chapu-R.N.Doresvami
Samaganapriya sadashiva-Adi-R.Tyagarajan
Samaja varada-Rupaka-Pallavur Mani Iyer
Samudita madane ramani vadane (ap 15) (Ramate yamuna)-Adi-Jayadeva
Sanga pulavargal varundi unnai venda sherukkulla-Adi-D.Pattammal
Sharade pahimam-Rupaka-Sharada Natarajan
Sharanam ayyappa svami sharanam ayyappa-Chapu-Atma
Shuddha satvananda-Adi-Venkatagirinathar
Sundari ishvari bhuvaneshvari vashikari-Adi-Vasanta Sharavanan
Svamiye sharanam-Adi-P.Subramania Sarma
Tanana dhimta tana dhimta tadhimta (t)-Adi-Vinai Shesha Iyer
Tavala inam pirai tullum munnir-Adi-Tirumangai Azhvar
Tillana-Adi-M.D.Ramanathan
Tillana-Adi-T.M.Tyagarajan
Tingalur andanar apppudiadigal ananda natam puri-Adi-D.Pattammal
Tirumal irum sholai malai enre (tvm)-Adi-Nammazhvar
Tirupparan kunra velanai ninai maname-Adi-Lalita Navile
Tiruvadi tozhudu un tiruvarul peruven-Adi-Kovai Subri
Udikkinra shenkadir-K/Eka-Abhirami Bhattar
Undan padam vendinen murugane-Adi-K.Ramaraj
Urugi urugi panivai maname ni oraru mukhanai-Adi-S.Maralingam
Vani vinapani ninnu vandana jesiti vanaja-Adi-Kalyani Varadarajan
Vedanai urada vazhvu venumanal maname-Adi-Kovai Subri
Venkata ramana kanteradu nodayya sankatavu-Adi-V.Shrinivasa Rao
Yadum aghi ninrai kali engum ni ninrai-Adi-Subramania Bharati

thanjavur

Post by thanjavur »

Sangeethapriya (Revathi) links

Mahadeva Sivasambho (Tanjore Sankara Iyer) by DKJ (contribution - Raju Asokan)
Naanati badthuku (Annamacharya) by Nedunuri
RTP by MBK (Sangeethapriya - Elaborate Pallavi/Kriti link)
Thillana by LGJ (contribution - Raju Asokan)
Yele manave (Vijaya Vittaladasar) by TRS
Last edited by thanjavur on 13 May 2007, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.

shishyapriya

Post by shishyapriya »

Thanks Lakshmanji and Thanjavur

ajaysimha

Re: Revati

Post by ajaysimha »

when it comes to revathi ragam ,as cm lovers we would have heard only ragamalika segments, dasara padas, filmy tunes or couple of CM kriths.

pre-trinity:
meanwhile we can see annamacharya's /saint purandaradasa's or pre-trinity-tamil composers songs in revathi
(are they original tunes or re-tuned ones ?)

trinity period:
we have not seen OVK or musical trinity composing in revathi ragam.
any reasons like (minor ragam, or raga did not exist, was not suitable to compose or raga was forgotten) ?

post-trinity:
we all are aware of bho shambo by dayananda saraswathigal in revathi.
which is like the visiting card to revathi for layman and CM lover/musician

any more pure/(popular) revathi compositions in CM?apart from lakashman ji's list

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

pre-trinity:
meanwhile we can see annamacharya's /saint purandaradasa's or pre-trinity-tamil composers songs in revathi
(are they original tunes or re-tuned ones ?)
Forget it. :lol:
trinity period:
we have not seen OVK or musical trinity composing in revathi ragam.
any reasons like (minor ragam, or raga did not exist, was not suitable to compose or raga was forgotten) ?
Considering the compositions in this raga, it is definitely a recent one. It might be surprising how much the character of this rAgA is different to from madhyamAvati by taking the R down half a step, but that's how it is.
any more pure/(popular) revathi compositions in CM?apart from lakashman ji's list
nAnATi baduku - Annamacharya - tuned by Nedunuri

tillAnAs in rEvati by Lalgudi Jayaraman and Maharajapuram Santhanam

mahAdeva shiva shambO of Thanjavur Sankara Iyer??

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

I feel this raag Bairagi Bhairav is originally from Hindustani music. Revati as we call it is an import of recent vintage.

ajaysimha

Post by ajaysimha »

Sachi_R wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 12:52 I feel this raag Bairagi Bhairav is originally from Hindustani music. Revati as we call it is an import of recent vintage.
okey, if revathi ragam had HM origins, then chances saint purandaradasa's tunes could be authentic in Bairagi Bhairav-way.